AIA currently only accepts interns at our location in Brussels.
To help us make the work of the AIA better, the AIA secretariat offers an internship program for selected volunteers who have completed their graduate studies or are pursuing postgraduate studies.
We prefer students that are looking for an internship as part of their compulsory academic program. The internship gives the intern a possibility to learn and practise skills and knowledge concerning international arbitration. The AIA internship is in no way connected with recruitment for employment but can be a decisive stepping stone to further a career.
Internship objectives and assignment
The intern will be requested to undertake tasks in connection with the ongoing projects of AIA. The intern's assignment may include:
- assisting with the research and preparation of legal and administrative texts or studies about international arbitration
- assisting with the drafting of promotion material, website-documents and pages
- undertaking ad hoc legal and administrative tasks as requested
- assisting with the collection and analysis of case law in the field of international arbitration
Conditions and Qualifications required
- the internship program is located in Brussels (Belgium) for an initial minimum period of two months
- first level university degree or advanced level university degree in law or economics, degrees in marketing, IT or related fields
- the AIA is unable to provide any financial assistance or remuneration to interns and service as an intern entails no financial implications for the AIA
- previous knowledge - or at the very least a genuine interest in - international arbitration
- excellent spoken and written English
- good communication skills to interact with people from different countries and continents
- computer skills and familiarity with applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook and internet research, familiarity with HTML and/or website administration will be considered an asset
- previous experience in the organization of conferences, meetings or other events will be considered an asset
Application MaterialsPlease e-mail your CV (resume) and a Motivation letter to the AIA. Please note that applications for an internship will be accepted only within certain periods of time indicated below. Due to the high volume of applications, we are not able to respond to each individual applicant. You will be contacted only if you have been chosen for an interview.
Dates and Deadlines being implemented for the year of 2013 and 2014
|Intake||Internship dates||Dates we are accepting applications|
|Summer - Autumn 2013||June 24 - September 27, 2013||April 8 – April 26, 2013|
|Autumn - Winter 2013||September 23 – December 22, 2013||July 8 – July 26, 2013|
|Winter-Spring 2014||January 6 - April 4, 2014||October 27 - November 14, 2013|
|Spring - Summer 2014||March 31 – June 27, 2014||January 1 – January 25, 2014|
|Summer - Autumn 2014||June 23 - September 26, 2014||April 7 – April 25, 2014|
|Autumn - Winter 2014||September 22 – December 19, 2013||July 7 – July 25, 2013|