AIA Internship in Brussels
AIA currently only accepts interns at our location in Brussels.
To help us make the work of the AIA better, the AIA secretariat offers an internship program for selected volunteers who have completed their graduate studies or are pursuing postgraduate studies.
We prefer students that are looking for an internship as part of their compulsory academic program. The internship gives the intern a possibility to learn and practise skills and knowledge concerning international arbitration. The AIA internship is in no way connected with recruitment for employment but can be a decisive stepping stone to further a career.
Internship objectives and tasks entrusted to intern include
The intern will be requested to undertake tasks in connection with the ongoing projects of AIA. The intern's assignment may include:
- Doing research for the preparation of conferences, presentations and publications
- Writing articles for the AIA Newsletter and blog for Young Arbitrators in Belgium under supervision
- Assisting with the organisation of trainings
- Drafting promotional materials for seminars and conferences
- Interns will have access to the AIA arbitration law library and are strongly encouraged to pursue their own research project
- A student or recent graduate with a background in international dispute resolution and/or public international law
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Fluency in French or Dutch will be considered as an asset
The coming available periods are:
- 15/12/2015 – 28/02/2016
- 15/02/2016 – 15/05/2016
- 01/05/2016 – 01/08/2016
How to apply?
Applications should be addressed to Cecile Oosterveen, Manager of the Association for International Arbitration and sent by email only to email@example.com.
An application should include:
- a short CV (two pages maximum)
- a cover letter focusing on the experience relevant to the internship and indicating the desired term
If you do not receive any failure message, it means that your message was successfully sent.
You will be contacted only if you have been chosen for an interview.
The internship is not remunerated. Interns are responsible for securing adequate insurance coverage. Note: The AIA is also looking for an intern in the IT sector, please do contact us for further information.